Sunday, August 22, 2010

Bread Flop

I recently got this giant bread encyclopedia with recipes for breads from around the world.  I'm excited to try them, but they all seem like a lot of work, since I've never made anything that requires kneading or rising before.  This weekend, I attempted to make a French brioche (a sweet, fluffy french bread), but I didn't really understand the directions, so I made it incorrectly, but continued with the 2-day-long, 2-risings process just in case.  It didn't turn out the way it was supposed to, and unfortunately tasted too much like yeast to really be "good anyway," although my roommates and I enjoyed picking at the crust a little....  Oh well, it's a learning experience, right?

Our water has been off all day, and our power was out for half the day, thanks to a big thunderstorm this afternoon.  Fortunately we can still cook with our gas stove!  And we appreciated that the power came back on just before dark! 

1 comment:

  1. I've been baking a lot of bread recently. Brioche is supposed to be pretty hard, I thought. I haven't tried it.

    I've been glad that things have been going so well for you. I hope that keeps up. I wish I could help out with the cost of the extended internship, but I still haven't found a job. I guess people were originally extra generous, so you have a head start which is good.

    I'll keep on praying for your prayer requests.

    Will

    ReplyDelete