Monday, May 3, 2010

Rafting the Nile

And now I still need to write about my Sipi Falls weekend, which was beautiful and relaxing!

But I don't want that to stop me from posting, so I wanted to quickly say that I went white water rafting on the Nile this weekend!!  The source of the White Nile is in Jinja, Uganda (comes from Lake Victoria), which is only a couple hours away from where we live.  I was rather apprehensive about going, but was willing to join my fellow interns, and I'm really glad that I did.  I had a really fun time, and never quite thought I was going to die, even when I was sucked under the rapids and tossed around for a while before coming up grasping for air (several times).  That was actually all a "normal" part of the experience, and I definitely enjoyed myself.  The Nile itself was also extremely beautiful, as we were surrounded by green trees and bushes and all sorts of birds.  I'll post some pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment