Saturday, October 9, 2010

Lazy Weekend

Whoops, I wrote this last weekend, but I guess it didn't post:

I had a nice relaxing weekend.  Megan (intern who now lives 2 hours away) came to visit for the weekend, and it was really nice to hang out with her again, even though it was for a short time.  All 5 of us interns babysat the 4 kids of one of our staff.  We ordered Indian, watched Ice Age 3, then played Sardines (kind of like hide and go seek in the dark), which was pretty fun considering there were 9 of us and only 3 rooms to hide in.  =)

Saturday I watched some Pride & Prejudice with Megan.  (Yay for girl time!  I certainly won't get the guys to watch that with me.)  Then I helped her make a gourmet meal for 8 people.  Well, mostly I just made the cookies.  =)  Sunday, I went to church, and then came home and Megan made us another fancy lunch.  (She's living with a family who cooks for her, so I think she's missing the kitchen!)  It was nice to have a very restful weekend.  I even went out and took a nap in my hammock for a while!

The only un-fun part was that our water was out for over 24 hours.  =P  Fortunately, our water tank never ran out of water (like it did back in August), so we still had water in our bathrooms.  But our kitchen isn't connected to the storage tank, so we had all our gourmet meal dishes piling up.  Finally, the water came back on Sunday afternoon and the guys spent about 3 hours doing dishes!  (Thank goodness for the rule that if you cook, you don't have to do dishes!!)

It's been much hotter lately, which is not ideal.  It's supposed to be rainy season and therefore cooler, but we've had several days of dry, hot weather.  It reminds me of the dry/hot season when I first got here in January.  This is the hottest spell I remember having here since February.  Hopefully, since we're supposed to be in the rainy season right now (plus people's crops are starting to suffer), it will get cold and rainy again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment