Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My Bags are Packed and I'm Ready to Go

My four 50-lb suitcases (weighed and re-weighed) are packed, and I'm putting all the last-minute items into my one carry-on suitcase.  (I'm allowing my mom to take one carry-on for herself.)  =D 

We were supposed to have a big snow storm in Seattle today, but at my house, the half inch of snow that fell last night has now melted.  We'll see if we get any more tonight (originally 2-6 inches was predicted), but it looks like we should be able to take off okay at 1pm tomorrow (Thursday).  We have a 10-hour flight to Europe and then an 8-hour flight to Uganda, arriving Friday night.

I'm looking forward to getting back there and seeing everyone and starting my new life, but in some ways I still can't believe I'm embarking on this 2+ year adventure (even though I've lived there for a year already).  I think it will probably be pretty different being on staff and living in my own apartment, than being an intern who lived as a part of an inseparable group of interns.  Also, I know I'll miss my family and pets and being surrounded by the familiar.  =)

"I'm leaving on a jet plane!"

No comments:

Post a Comment