Friday, December 10, 2010

I've been pretty busy in the last couple weeks, so I haven't had much time to blog.  I'll try to update little by little (or slowly by slowly, as they'd say here).

I'm leaving Uganda on Tuesday!  I can't believe it!  (I haven't left East Africa for 11 months!)  So things have been busy busy aroudn the office as we've been finishing up our big semester-long project.  We printed, binded, and completed our project on Wednesday.  It's so satisfying to bind a report (that's almost an inch thick) that you've been working on for 4 months!

For Thanksgiving, the interns and American EMI families and several other Americans we know (and a few Ugandans) all went to a big potluck in a big nice house.  It was a lot of fun to have a good old fashioned American Thanksgiving with lots of Thanksgiving-type food and lots of families and kids all around!  It's not really anything like my typical Thanksgiving (generally spent with 2 other people), but it's what I imagine a lot of big family Thanksgivings are like.  It's nice to know that I have somewhat of an extended family here.

No comments:

Post a Comment